This issue occurs when inconsistent authorization is configured on ESXi\ESX. This configuration is stored in /etc/vmware/hostd/authorization.xml.
To resolve this issue, rename authorization.xml:
- Rename /etc/vmware/hostd/authorization.xml to /etc/vmware/hostd/authorization.xml.old.
- Restart the host management services. For more information, see Restarting the Management agents on an ESX or ESXi Server (1003490).
- Add permission for DCUI user: #esxcli system permission set -i dcui -r Admin
If you still cannot add the host to vCenter Server:
- Verify Locked Mode is disabled in the host. For more information, see Enabling or disabling Lockdown mode on an ESXi host (1008077) .
- Manually reinstall the vCenter Server agent to the ESX host. For more information, see Verifying and reinstalling the correct version of the VMware vCenter Server agents (1003714).